Monday 28 October 2013

Awesomely Positive Feedback


I received one of the best phone calls while I was presenting radio this afternoon. As you may know, I was totally floored when people were weird enough to criticize and complain about me sharing about my mental health issues on my radio programs (see here).

A local lady rang to tell me she was really encouraged that I was willing to share my story on the radio, as she is dealing with similar issues. Highlighting the issue helps people feel more able to talk with it - and she totally agreed with me.

This phone call, simply, made me feel that all the angst that has been thrown at me over the last few months, has been so totally worth it.

This is the 'promo' I have been airing on the radio, over the last 5 months-or-so:
soundcloud.com/maljam/mens-mental-health-suicide

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments:

  1. That is simply the problem people refuse to accept that the problem just gets ya - boom. Honesty openness to me is essential so that others simply know it can get anyone, anytime and that's ok because to also know help is available is a good thing too. Good work Mal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a real 'blessing' to know that, by sharing of myself, it is being of benefit to others.

      Delete