Monday, 8 May 2017

Memory?


"Brain Fades... Brain Fog" is how they're described... fuzzy fade-outs, like a thought just... fades mid-thought, mid sentence! It's very frustrating. These 'short-term memory lapses' are supposedly one of the effects of MS.



I live by hand-written lists these days, and still use an old-skool dairy as well... otherwise, things just seem to slip from my mind.


Catch-22... I don't know if it's because of the meds for my bi-polar depression, or because of the MS... or simply that I'm getting older!

It's something else I'm continuing to 'process' - usually as it randomly strikes.

I know that, as a musician, I have to rely on 'charts' most of the time now, simply because I can forget where I am in the middle of a song! I *never* used charts before! It's the same thing with my creative writing - when a thought/idea/concept pops into my head, I write it down straight away, otherwise... poof! it's gone!


I know a group of us (from all over the world) shared about this common situation, together on Twitter last week, for which I am greatly encouraged. Considering I've been using Twitter (in a fairly basic, limited way) for the previous 6+ years, over the past months - I've found it more useful and helpful than ever  - connecting to like-minded MS-ers, all over the world.


#MS #MultipleSclerosis #ChatMS #LiveWiseMS #MSAwareness

#MSlife #LivingwithMS #CureMS #MSWarriors #MSFamily #MSPals #Thankful
@MustStopMS @MS_Australia @shiftms @voicesofms
@msgetinvolved @KISSGOODBYEAUS @mssocietyuk







Bookmark this page: bit.ly/ms-brainfog

Peas be with ewe 
Times

2 comments:

  1. G'day Mal. I just started to look back over my blog to help the kids with some history facts about my family including photos etc and thought I'd drop in to people's blogs and say g'day.
    I read that you have MS. My mate has also been diagnosed with MS, finally!, he has an answer to all his ongoing symptoms and can now try to make plans to go with them!
    The information you share is so explanatory re MS and I reckon it's important to get it out there. MS is certainly more prevanlent than most people would think.
    Sending you love, hope and support from afar.
    Are you still spinning crazy tunes!!??? xx
    Cazzie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cazzie! Yes, still loving presenting radio. The MS was a shock for me - but it's always good to spread awareness about it - *I* knew so little about it at first.

      Delete