Friday, 21 April 2017

Medication Time


My Current Prescribed Medications
  • Rivaroxaban / Xarelto: 20mg once daily (a blood thinner, to prevent any further PE's).
  • Effexor / Venlafaxine: 150mg once daily (an anti-depressant... I nickname this one my "Happy Pill").
  • Mercaptopureine / Puri-Nethol: 50mg once daily (for my Ulcerative Colitis... I nickname this one "Metaporcupine").
  • Mesalamine / Pentasa: 500mg two tabs twice daily (for my Ulcerative Colitis).
  • Vitamin D supplement: 1,000 IU/day (for my MS).
  • I have a Ferinject Iron infusion about every c.3-4 months (for my Anaemia).
  • I am also considering going onto monthly Tysabri infusions, for my MS.
  • I'll need ongoing (c. six-monthly) MRI brain and neck scans, to check the progress of my MS (if any!) as well.
  • One walking stick (external application only...)

Thank goodness for the PBS - there's no way I could afford these medicines otherwise!


It's all a bit of a "Balancing Act" for me, really.




Bookmark this page: bit.ly/mal-meds

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment