Tuesday 5 September 2023

Mal's Walking Stick + Rollator-Seat-Walker + Foot Pedal Exerciser






(Originally posted: 21 April 2017)

I bought myself a walking stick. Hang on! My MS has NOT gotten worse! Don't panic! One of my MS symptoms is called "Foot Drop", plus I have occasional random 'balance' issues as well... it's a "just in case" thing.

Tah Dah! What's life, if you can't add a bit of fun and colour to your life? One fun-flavoured walking stick, or one plain black four-legged marshmallow toasting rack...

 Before, and...

After! With about nine bright colours, took about 45 minutes, sitting in glorious sunshine, just dabbing them on randomly.

Lifes' too short to be plain vanilla boring, you know?

Oh... and I've named it "Fred"... tis a default generic name I have for people whose names I can't remember!

💥 NOTE: I have NO problem using these aides in Public... I do not feel negative about them at all. 







I have got a new 2nd walking stick now - a 2020 Xmas prezzie to myself. Always good to have a spare, you know? This one is "Mr Red"! (A companion to "Fred" - of course!)





13 June 2019


A very good pair of friends bought me a new "Seat Walker/Rollator", which I've nicknamed "Brian". I am humbled and gobsmacked by their outrageous gracious generosity.

This will help me get around downtown with much more ease for longer distances now, now that my MS legs seem to be playing up more on me these days. This will help me feel as though I can get out and about again, and help rebuild the strength in my legs. Perfect for those momentary MS balance issues of mine.

Plus with the added padded seat, I can stop anywhere to easily catch my breath etc - the middle of roadways and crosswalks, elevator doors, shopping centre carpark driveways... [I'm kidding!].

💥 NOTE: I have NO problem using these aides in Public... I do not feel negative about them at all. 

Brian does not replace Fred... it's just another tool for different situations.

Now... how do I "Pimp My Ride"...?


Wish I could find/create something like this for 'Brian'! [laffs]





➽  Video (below): Great seated exercise for improving posture (Source)



I bought myself one of these foot pedal exerciser thingies via eBay c. 2019... it's good to slowly try and get some strength back in my legs, while I'm sitting watching the cricket on TV [laffs]. I haven't named this one as yet... maybe "Urgh"?! lol


Updated: 6 December 2022
My old one (above) died the other week... the tightening/resistance knob was no longer doing anything. So (thanks to an eBay special), I bought myself a new one, delivered (literally) right to my door. Works like a charm, thankfully.


Bookmark "Pedal"




Bookmark this page: Mal's Stick & Walker

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

3 comments:

  1. I love "what's his face" my term for those who's name I don't remember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah Jan. Yes, I bet we all have secret inexplicable names for somethings sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Love it Do they come in butterflies LOL:)))))

    ReplyDelete